Wouldn’t it be easier not set up and tear down as a portable church every weekend? The short answer is yes, it would be easier. But…being portable means your church is no longer a place you go, it’s a place you create together. -Andy Vomsteeg
Posts Tagged ‘Church Planting’
Tags: Church Planting, portablity
- At the end of the day, God will write His story.
- God could use the initial start to put you somewhere else.
- I tell guys to be ready to plant a church regardless of the results. (Rob Bell)
- We lose our lives to find them.
- If the worst case happened, none of it was in vain.
- Nobody is better than another, regardless if your church is small or large.
80% do not make it……70% are not self-supporting even after four years. The odds are so against us as in any secular business, simply because of it being a start-up. It takes time, energy, and money to get to critical mass and most just do not have the time, energy, or money to wait out critical mass. Two things make it work: Funding and Leaders. If you have no funding, you can’t make it. If you only have followers, you can’t make it. We need both; We have to do a better job of training leaders and God has to also choose to send us capable and desirous people who want to lead.
- Give it all you have….it can work…embrace God’s promises.
- Accept the worst case scenario. Great churches led by great leaders have closed. The start of your church was not in vain.
- God may have other plans for your plans. Be ok with being kingdom-minded.
- Your dream may not have been His dream for this plant.
- Merge if need be- you may find you have developed a different gift-mix or passion as time has elapsed.
- Pass the ball off to a new leader if God leads.
- If you added value to one person, it has already been worth it.
- You are not a failure.
- Press on………Fight on…….you are still called to His service!
Tags: anthem church, chad clemons, Church Planting
Sometimes it may feel like all you do week in and week out is “block and tackle.” My good friend Chad Clemons, pastor at Anthem Church, Gainesville, FL, describes what has happened at Anthem over the last few weeks as such. “We were just doing blocking and tackling drills and all of a sudden we are now over 200.” It does often feel like that in a new church…same old thing, same old result UNTIL, something mysterious appears into the mix, and bumps your church up to the next level. Often times you don’t even know what you did or didn’t do or God did or didn’t do to make that happne….Now that gets fun! So, keep doing what you do, make it better each week, keep fundraising, keep loving people even with 30 and 40 and 50, keep trusting, “when you’re going through hell, keep on going” (as the song says), and stay with it. Hey, I like that for myself…I needed that, what about you?
Tags: Church Planting, GHC
Jeff and I are just returning from a monthly cluster of church planters who are all associated with GHC, San Francisco, CA. What a real and authentic organization! Planters, they are first class! They care about you, the planter. Here’s an idea of how they work:
1. Monthly clusters all over the country
2. They cover your expenses to come to California
3. Normally, we meet in one of the NFL stadiums or MLB stadiums; we fellowship, eat, hear each others’ stories, and encourage. Then, we all go to the game together…all, compliments of GHC. They even provide spending money for you!
Personally, I’ve not evern been a part of an organization like this! Not sure what others do, but I remember that Kim and I were completely and totally impressed the first day we were with them in assessment over a year ago. THEY TRULY CARED ABOUT US! We had a great couple days at the Oakland/Alameda Coliseum in California…..we all need each other! Thank God for GHC!
If you are thinking about planting a church, you need to look very seriously at partnering with GHC! JD, love you man! You’re the best!
1. When you are small, people dismiss you!
2. When you grow, people discredit you!
3. When you are larger, people dislike you!
4. When you get big, people defame you!
- Perspiration- God honors hard work. There’s nothing easy about what we’re doing.
I’ve always heard that FEAR is false evidence that appears real…..good definition for sure. However, it doesn’t mean fear won’t jump up on you. The mind can default to fear at any moment. Fear is never eradicated from our minds. Again, our greatest weapon is controlling our minds, snapping out of a thought process and into another, and “thinking on these things.” It happens to me in church planting……sometimes I really feel the confidence that God is building His church; other times this overwhelming fear overtakes me as I ponder the large percentages of new church plants that experts say do not make it, for whatever reason. I heard this week of two planters that worked hard, relocated, got ready to launch, and pulled the plug before they ever got going because they could not get anyone to come back. Somebody put it this way: Church planting is just one of the tools God is using to add to His Kingdom. It’s not the only tool. So, if that tool does not work in your area, pick up another tool and never flinch, because, the dream God has for you is still the same- to add people into the Kingdom of God, using whatever tool necessary. Origin, let’s defy the odds, work hard, add value to lives, shoe up early, stay late, and pray hard, that God will choose to advance His Kingdom through the medium of Origin Church. We’re off to a great start, nine Sundays in. Let’s make this Sunday the best yet!
Tags: Church Planting, Missions
Origin Church, The Net Church, and The Springs Church, come together for a community service project in Miller Park serving breakfast to the homeless, this Saturday, 8 – 11 a.m. The neat thing is, all three of these churches are new church plants. See you there! THIS stuff can change the world!
- Great day at Origin
- Amazing worship
- Sound was fabulous
- Our volunteers KEEP hitting it out of the park. I am amazed at how God corrals His people together independently to do a cooperative work like launching a new church. Thanks to everybody!
- A consistency developing that we are liking
- In planning mode for fall Grand Opening
- Strategic evaluation is a big deal for us to get better each week
- Hot, hot, temperature wise
- The stories we are beginning to receive about changed lives makes it all worthwhile.
- It’s hard work! Church planting is not for the faint-hearted.
- Religion is not what we’re about; relationship is.
- A day that had an “easy yoke and a light burden.” Thank God. I am proud of everybody!
- Got a long way to go
- Our greatest desire is to take the team God is now bringing to Origin and connect everybody and unite everybody to go reach that large unchurched percentage. We can do it team!
- Our Origin team needs to give financially. It’s a core value and a biblical value.
- Keep it real and authentic
- It takes everybody to make for a great day like the above! Seeing a church make history by launching is out of this world.