Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Tags: Big-Give, gleaning for the world, news channel 9 chattanooga, origin church, ringgold, soles for souls, times free press, tornado relief
Tags: 6 time champion, all pro, chatsworth, ga, Jody Ridley, NASCAR
Tags: 2011 tornado ringgold ga, origin church, serving
Tags: ga, relief, ringgold, tornado
Current Needs here in Ringgold, GA for Tornado Relief:
If you are bringing supplies, thank you! See below to know the latest from our team leaders of what is needed.
- Tools – especially hammers
- Button Nails (for tarping roofs)
- Duct tape
- Flash lights & batteries
- Sanitizer wipes
- Any type of cleaner, Bleach is good
- Zip lock bags
- Personal hygene items, they are running a bit low on these.
- Pet supplies, dog & cat food, cat litter, pet carriers, dog houses (to loan)
- Please take bottled and jug water to the Walker County Civic Center.
- There will be a separate box truck outside to take pet care donations.
Tags: monday morning insight
Words inspire, encourage and empower. The words we use as leaders can make a world of difference in the energy level and performance of our team members. Here are a few words effective leades use on a regular basis…
- I’m sorry
- Thank you
- It’s your decision
- Try it again
- Great job
- You can do it
- We can do it
- I trust you
- Let me know what you need
Sung by Miranda Lambert
Written by our friend Allen Shamblin
Snapshot from my view:
- A large crew showed up Saturday for a practice set-up. Thrilled Jeff and me!
- “Sometimes portable church can feel like a suicide mission.”-JD Pearring. I concur, and it is worth it! We press on, press in, and trust God!
- It still amazes me how God brings a group of people together to launch a new church…it’s stunning! It’s so much work, little reward (it seems, not true), and just plain hard, YET, God has a way of putting this on the hearts of a people to do it……..so good!
- The Y staff team feel like family to us…….they are over the top! Can’t believe all God has used this team to do in the life of Origin church already. Wow!
- The Y building just helped us tremendously improve our kids ministry.
- ALL our volunteer team did a tenacious job!
- We couldn’t be happier with all that is developing and the potential that lies in wait for the Kingdom through Origin Church.
- Outstanding environments created…….it is a WOW factor, for sure! Parents, don’t bring your kids unless you want to come back every week!
- Great to see some first-timers today; really refreshing…..and it was mainly an open house kind of introduction day….we didn’t even have a worship band today.
- We feel a new wind blowing, a new spirit, and a new hope for the fact that God is up to something big. “Lord, let me stay out of the way.”
- Enjoyed meeting new people and making new friends.
- Now, let’s get the word out that we are at the YMCA, Hamilton Place Mall, Chattanooga, TN, 10AM EVERY Sunday! It’s not about US!
We are getting ready for a new chapter at Origin Church……a new partnership with the YMCA Hamilton Place Mall, Chattanooga. Our first Sunday is April 11. We really would love to be able to add some new environments and could use your help. We have need of the following to make for a seamless transition…..bigger building, more needs. Pray for us! Thanks for your help in advance.
1. Pipe and Drape Cart- $700
2. 100 Road Signs- $300
3. Propresenter License- $700
4. All re-done signage- $1500
5. Banners- $700
6. 2 flat screen tv’s for adult worship with stands-$1200
7. Family ministry volunteer t-shirts- $300
- As a pastor & leader of people I feel a great burden to give life my best shot and to model this behavior before others, but I am afraid that in the name of modeling for the world what a “good pastor” looks like, I most often do as other pastors do and just tell you most of the good stuff; The highs; The awards; The victories.
- Consequently, when a new church planter or a leader that’s been around for a while sees ALL OF THIS SUCCESS, they wonder WTH is wrong with them because their life doesn’t look like that, so…let me just take a few seconds out to confess some things to you so that you see my life is hard. Very hard. High highs w/ lows low.
- My wife and I have been in a bit of a rut this week (and last). I have been SUPER BUSY and have not been fully present with her, kids, house.
- I am a terrible grad student. Period. Aptitude is not my problem. I find it boring. I’m busy and it often seems like a major waste of time.
- I am in terrible physical condition. I use some lingering injuries as an excuse not to work out. Although I have pain – I hate working out.
- I’m broke. Church planting is the opposite of lucrative and I spent all I had to launch Courageous Church. Proud of that, but it’s tough.
- Our church is growing in every way possible, but will have to have some very tough layoffs soon. This breaks my heart. Epitome of suck.
- Found out a friend of mine whose family I love has been divorced for a few weeks.
- I say all of that to say that my life has ups and downs and takes a ton of hard work. On Twitter, etc. we sometimes make things look…. Easy with words when in reality things were really hard. I hope you see a more balanced me and appreciate it. Much love. -Shaun King, pastor, Courageous Church
Thanks Shaun. You described it well on behalf of all of us as church planters!