Wouldn’t it be easier not set up and tear down as a portable church every weekend? The short answer is yes, it would be easier. But…being portable means your church is no longer a place you go, it’s a place you create together. -Andy Vomsteeg
Archive for April, 2010
Tags: Church Planting, portablity
Snapshot from my view:
- A large crew showed up Saturday for a practice set-up. Thrilled Jeff and me!
- “Sometimes portable church can feel like a suicide mission.”-JD Pearring. I concur, and it is worth it! We press on, press in, and trust God!
- It still amazes me how God brings a group of people together to launch a new church…it’s stunning! It’s so much work, little reward (it seems, not true), and just plain hard, YET, God has a way of putting this on the hearts of a people to do it……..so good!
- The Y staff team feel like family to us…….they are over the top! Can’t believe all God has used this team to do in the life of Origin church already. Wow!
- The Y building just helped us tremendously improve our kids ministry.
- ALL our volunteer team did a tenacious job!
- We couldn’t be happier with all that is developing and the potential that lies in wait for the Kingdom through Origin Church.
- Outstanding environments created…….it is a WOW factor, for sure! Parents, don’t bring your kids unless you want to come back every week!
- Great to see some first-timers today; really refreshing…..and it was mainly an open house kind of introduction day….we didn’t even have a worship band today.
- We feel a new wind blowing, a new spirit, and a new hope for the fact that God is up to something big. “Lord, let me stay out of the way.”
- Enjoyed meeting new people and making new friends.
- Now, let’s get the word out that we are at the YMCA, Hamilton Place Mall, Chattanooga, TN, 10AM EVERY Sunday! It’s not about US!
They are what life is all about….they hurt you, harm you, bless you, help you, pray for you, assist you, doubt you, believe in you, and love you. Unfortunately, people are ALL in different stages of the journey. Some think they are in love when they’re not. Some think they are God when they’re not. Some think they know it all when they don’t. Some think people live and die by their word when they don’t. Some act like this life will never end when it will. Some never apologize when they should. Some run away from problems when they should face them. Some live life with the glass half empty instead of half full.
Some are very grateful, humble, loving, apologetic, teachable, and full of humility. These are those God places His favor on. BTW: We’re all failures…don’t forget that. Some just choose to be transparent about it, learn from each one, and get back up and move the ball down the field.
Stop being so religious…some need to get away from putting on the “cloak” and start being real, authentic, and transparent with God Himself. He already knows you. I hate religion! It kills, it legalizes, it make a person holier than others in their minds, it becomes ritual, it doesn’t reach unreached people, it turns people off, and it blinds.