We conclude a great series this Sunday with the message, “Be the Body.” We’ve moved from transaparency/authenticity to there are no perfect people to change, and now, BE THE BODY! It works! Bring your friend, your spouse, your co-workers, or a stranger, and come enjoy a place for people who don’t go……………
Archive for April, 2009
- Kim and I totally enjoyed our time with GHC and Catalyst West this week. How refreshing! Great coaching network! New friends too. Love you J.D.!
- The energy and excitement leading up to church today, our third service, has been exciting! Our third week was fabulous! We need a box truck of our own so we don’t have to load and unload 4 times a Sunday…..killing us!
- Moxie and his wife, Clarissa, led worship today. We had some fun! Songs like:
- Salvation is Here
- How Great is Our God
- Closer- Breakaway (Kelly Clarkson)
- Two great friends of ours, John Buckner and Randy Parker were in the band today. They’re amazing guys!
- Our team of volunteers at Origin have been tireless. I notice that they “get” that it’s not about any of us, but for people who don’t go. Thank you!
- We’d like to raise $150K this year for Origin Church.
- Mike Hedden, President of Danley Labs, has become a good friend and we love using his cabinets in our worship. The best! Try ‘em! He just put 6 of the same subs we use in at Willow Creek!
- We’ve had some great churches, planting organizations, and close friends come alongside us to partner financially for these first 21 months of planting Origin Church….we wouldn’t have gotten going and will not be sustained without them. Thank you!
- I can tell you right now, Propresenter software has been a fabulous improvement to anything I’ve ever used in media. Jordan is doing “the bomb” in making it happen.
- Waiting for God to show some friends and family from out of state to move here and be a part of this new church….love ‘em!
- God has been good to us for our first three worship services together; I want to take a moment and thank all of you that come……and for your kind comments. We love our people already!
- We are gearing up for a new series starting in two weeks on stress and pain! Don’t miss it!
- Baby dedication is Mother’s Day, May 10. Email us and let us know.
- New Volunteers: Email us and let us know that you would like to serve. We’ll meet with you individually!
- A shout out to Doc Womack on our team; He is a total package encourager to our team, to everyone he comes in contact with, and to me, personally! A God-send! Very, very gifted!
- We showed a funny clip today of comedian Tim Hawkins. If you haven’t listened to him, you need to; a huge and good laugh! Kim was doubled-over laughing so hard hearing him this past week.
- Won’t be long now until our oldest graduates from high school and off to UGA! We can’t believe it! We remember when we took our first church and he was the only baby in the nursery; seems like yesterday! :(
- I love the hope that’s out there for our lives….when we’re down we realize, it won’t always be this way. When we’re up, we enjoy as much as we can!
- Origin Church: Wow! Can’t believe we get to do this! Can’t believe God put back together some of us that did ministry together years ago. Unprecedented!
- Loving how fresh God seems to me and how real I feel.
- A shout out to Ryan Fitzgerald for his constant guidance in our journey. He’s got it all!
- Looking forward to seeing what God wants to do with Origin Church….stay with us!
A good friend of mine, Mark Randolph, was recently building a new relationship with some mormons in his community and just caring for them and loving on them the way Jesus would. He even invited them to a church block party, and they came. He said these words to them: “I appreciate the good work you guys do by going door to door through these years.” They replied, “Oh, door to door doesn’t work anymore; we have found that making friends and inviting them to church is what works.” No doubt, the way of Jesus always works: Befriend a person authentically, gain their trust, and later share your core. Further still, should they not accept your core or embrace your core, you are still their friend! How could we have gotten so far off track through the years?
Sometimes there’s just _______________to say……God fills the gap.
No Worship Service tomorrow! It’s “Family Day” at Origin. Enjoy breakfast, brunch, or lunch together….do something totally different and revitalize yourself! See you April 26 @ 10:30! Bring somebody!
I can remember a day in ministry when my every joy and happiness depended upon whether our church did well or not. I’ve always wondered who invented “well.” I think every denomination and every generation of leader has set some kind of invisible, often never written in the Bible, standard, that young pastors and people seem to subsribe to and/or fall for. It is corruptive, to say the least.
What happened to simple faith, trust, and obeying what God says next? Why have we taken outcome upon our shoulders? Nobody knows what God is up to within an obedience……the reason being, He is very concerned with an individual being refined and made more like Him which makes the sum of the whole even greater.
I’ve been a pastor almost 20 years and I can tell you, this new launch of Origin Church was never my idea; didn’t want to do it! However, God said “Go” and we did…..we have been exhilirated! In conclusion, that’s why every week is great, regardless! It’s not what defines me…it’s not “who” I am…it’s only “what” God has called me to do! My value and yours, becasue of Christ’s love, is the same, always and regardless!